Friday, April 13, 2012

Outfit of the Day: Gothic Lolita in Emerald

It has been a long week. As such, I decided to dress up to make myself feel a bit less stressed. This is what I threw on once I was done with work:


Forgive the tired face. As I said, it's been a long week.

I wanted the coord to be mostly gothic Lolita with a touch of ero Lolita in the top (which is lightly sheer lace with shorter sleeves) and the corset.

The tights are fantastic, and I know this doesn't come across in the wide shot, so I snapped this close up of the tights:


Aren't they awesome? These tights are from HUE, purchased on clearance for four dollars, and they match pretty much any navy, forest green, or burgundy classical Lolita coordinate. Plus, plaid tights!


Here's the brooch I put at the neck, a vintage find that I haggled for at a garage sale ages ago and a barrette that I picked up at the local dollar store:


As shiny as it is, the brooch is ridiculously hard to photograph. But, yes, you're seeing that right: it's a snarling tiger head made of clear rhinestones, goldtone metal, and black enamel with a green rhinestone for the eye. It was glaring up at me from a garage sale jewelry rack several years back, and I couldn't help but buy it.

Outfit Rundown:

Shirt: Old Navy
Skirt: Handmade (not by me), purchased of EGL comm sales
Corset: Bought from EBay
Tights: HUE
Shoes: Secondhand
Petticoat: Classical Puppets
Brooch: Vintage
Barrette: Goody

No comments:

Post a Comment