Saturday, September 13, 2014

Outfit of the Day: Lolita on Laundry Day

If you were of the opinion that I live in a shining closet and spend my days sipping tea and blogging, allow me to unburden you of that thought.

Well, the tea part is pretty accurate, but still.

Today was one of those strange days where I wanted to dress up, but things needed to be done. It wasn't a day for dry clean only fabrics or anything too fussy.


The best part of the day was definitely spending the afternoon hanging laundry on the line. I know that sounds tedious, but it really is nice. I love line-dried laundry, and I know I won't have too many weekends left for it before winter takes hold.

Ever wonder what a Lolita's laundry line looks like?


This is it.

As much as I love the fresh air and the sunshine, there is one thing better than both that I got while doing my laundry today: a fantastic view. The flowers on the side of the house are blooming, and today they were absolutely covered with bumblebees and butterflies.


Laundry and looking at the pretty butterflies weren't the only things I ended up doing. I cleaned out the freezer, made chicken and dumplings for supper, roasted tomatoes, and canned those tomatoes.


I also checked the mail, only to find the cutest darn letter from my college friend Hannah. She made the envelope herself, and it has some completely adorable Barnum and Bailey stamps.


As for my outfit, you can see why it couldn't be a particularly prissy piece. Between chipping ice out of the freezer, scooping tomatoes into jars, and putting laundry on the line, I needed to be able to move. As a result, I chose simple pieces that are washable.


I don't often do this because it's a little librarian-y for my taste, but I put my glasses on a glasses chain so that they wouldn't fall off while I'm out and about. Of course, this being a day for no hair accessories, they made a fun way to add sparkle without adding too much detail.


I also added a really simple brooch for a touch of detail at the neckline.


For shoes, nothing would work better than flats. I know it's often considered a Lolita faux pax, but I really needed the 


Outfit rundown: 
Skirts: Vintage
Blouse: Vintage
Vest: Maurice's
Tights: Worthington (purchased at Wal-Mart)
Shoes: Target
Brooch: Vintage

2 comments:

  1. I seriously need to get a chain for my glasses - after watching Black Butler and falling in love with Grell's wacky style....I bet I could totally rock it!

    ReplyDelete