Sunday, September 21, 2014

Outfit of the Day: Vintage Plaid

I wish I could say I had a special occasion that this outfit was for, but really I just decided that I wanted to wear something cute today.


This is easily my favorite vintage dress that I own. If you laid it out flat, it would look like a quarter-circle coming down from the shoulders. I can wear it sleeveless and throw a belt on it to add shape. I can layer it with a turtleneck or blouse. I can throw on a cardigan or blazer. I can do nothing and enjoy the shapeless comfort.

It's a 1950s vintage piece that is, unfortunately, starting to wear out. Thankfully, I can sew and I have the skills to draft a pattern off of it. I plan on making one or two new ones once I've found the right fabric for the job.

The cardigan is a nice basic piece that I threw on because it was a little too cold to wear nothing. It's comfortable. I added black skirts under the dress for a bit of volume. This is the sort of outfit I wear to work when I feel like dressing up a little bit. It's comfortable, it's not too loud, and it's just cute enough to suit me.


My shoes. I should replace them; they're getting a little worn. But they're flat and they're comfortable and that's enough for me right now. The plain black tights are from Wal-Mart and they're practically indestructible.


Isn't that just the greatest brooch you've ever seen? It's definitely a favorite of mine. I got it at a garage sale probably seven years ago and have been wearing it often ever since.

The crocheted collar is a new favorite, found for a dollar at a local antique shop, and I swap out brooches to hold it on depending on my mood. Today, I felt like a tiger would suit me best.

Outfit Rundown:
Dress, Collar, Underskirts, Brooch: Vintage
Cardigan: Secondhand
Shoes: Target
Tights: Worthington (Wal Mart)

No comments:

Post a Comment