Thursday, July 9, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me and a Recipe for You

Hello, all!

Because it's my birthday (26 whole years on this planet!), I'm taking the day off from blogging. I love you to bits and will resume properly blogging for the next scheduled post.

But, because it is my birthday, though, I wanted to share a cake-like recipe that is pretty and tasty. Since I'm not big on frosted cake - weird, I know - green tea muffins are my treat of choice for this year's birthday. I mentioned this birthday this past winter when I went to The Cedar.

This recipe does look weird, I admit. Just trust me when I say that it will come together and form a rather tasty muffin.

Green Tea Mini Muffins
Adapted from an original recipe from Emilie Autumn, included with the first edition of The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls.

1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (I recommend Greek yogurt)
2/3 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup confectioners sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup corn starch
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3 tsp. matcha (powdered green tea)

Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Place paper baking cups into a mini muffin tin.

In a large bowl, mix together the first six ingredients. In another bowl, sift together the remaining ingredients and, if needed, stir until the matcha is evenly blended. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture until just incorporated.

Fill the cups in the muffin tin 1/3 full with the batter and sprinkle granulated sugar on top of the muffins. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.

Optional: serve warm with raspberry sherbet.

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! And oh man these look sooo good. I love green tea flavored things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      And they are. The raspberry sherbet is optional, but the tartness of it is a beautiful complement to the green tea. It was an accidental discovery that resulted from a frosting-related mishap when I was in college.

      Delete