Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Lolita Questionnaire: Part II



21. What is your personal feelings about yourself in Lolita? In one word/phrase, how would you express your style/image?
I love me in Lolita. I feel happy, and I think I look good.

22. Did you ever think about quitting Lolita? If so, what was the reason?
Not quitting. I do sometimes pull back and stop wearing it for a while, but I’ve never considered quitting.

23. How do you feel about celebrities in Lolita?
Just like other celebrities, they don’t really sway me one way or the other.

24. *The must ask question* What is your dream print/Lolita item?
Grazia Crown. It wouldn’t fit the size I am now, but it’s just so darn pretty.

25. What was your first item, pertaining to the fashion? (jsk, doll, magazine, otk, etc.)
A secondhand skirt from FanPlusFriend. I still have it.

26. Do you have a signature pose for photos?
Standing?

27. What shoes do you feel best suit the fashion? (Dream V, platform, Mary Janes, etc.)
It depends on the outfit. For me, basic Mary Janes or Victorian boots best suit the style. However, that’s my style. The shoe depends on the outfit.

28. Do you wear tiaras or have an opinion towards hime and princess cuts?
For the most part, they’re not really for me. I’ve got a mini crown that I’ve been making, but it’s more about the historical reference than the princess thing. As for hime and princess cuts, as long as they flatter the girl behind the hair I don't have a problem with them.

29. Is Lolita the only J-Fashion/culture you subscribe to, or is there more?
I dabble in dolly kei and dark mori.

30. How do you feel about ‘Boys Style’, Kodona, Ouji and/or Dandy?
Love it! I’d like to get more into it if I can find the time to sew and find hats that work on my head.

31. What types of lace do you tend to prefer?
Soft lace. I’m not picky about the type of lace as long as it’s high quality.

32. Would you consider yourself a doll collector? (BJD, American, Pullip series, or otherwise)
Oh, yes. I have a growing collection of Monster High dolls, and I’ve got a broad collection of dolls from around the world that my grandmother gave me.

33. Are you satisfied with your wardrobe, or are you insatiable?
I’m mostly satisfied. At this point, I’ve got a few pieces that I want (brown and ivory underskirts, a new black vest, a blouse in plum, and skirts made from my fabric stash), but I’m not the sort of person who always needs more.

34. What is your favorite flower?
Lavender!

35. Right now, what is your favorite accessory?
Hmm. Honestly, I’m kind of obsessed with a rose gold pomegranate necklace that I got a little while back. I’m actually working on a Persephone-inspired coord to go with it.

36. How do you feel about cosmetics? 
They make an outfit look polished, but I’m not terribly offended by the decision not to wear them. My skin is pretty sensitive, so I often don’t wear makeup.

37. If this applies to you: what tends to be your make up routine, when you wear Lolita? Does it differ from your normal routine?
It’s usually the same. For events, I’ll wear foundation, but otherwise it’s just a bit of eye makeup and a light lip stain.

38. Is there anything you want to shamelessly plug (endorse)?
Not at the moment.

39. Do you have lashes that you are loyal to?
My own. I don’t usually wear falsies.

40. Would you say you are more of a Brandist or Off-Brand Lolita? (Based solely on preference, of course)
I wear off-brand because I can’t fit into brand. It’s not a preference thing; it’s a measurements and budget thing. As for preference, I prefer neither; my taste depends on the individual items.

No comments:

Post a Comment