Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Lolita Questionnaire: Part III



41. Ladies: Lipstick or Lip Gloss?
Lip stain or lipstick for me. I prefer a matte color.

42. Have you ever pulled a ‘pit crew change’, while out in Lolita (changed clothes or transformed)?
Kind of. I did once do a stunning two-minute change from my fast food work uniform to casual Lolita while in a restaurant bathroom. I had to get dressed for singing at Ash Wednesday church services, and I was on a very tight schedule.

43. What is your impression on twinning (or group coords)?
Go for it! As long as you’re having fun, I don’t see a problem with the idea of twinning or group coords.

44. Are you a ‘Petite’, More to Love Lolita or fairly average in body type? 
Heehee. “more to love Lolita.” I like that. I’m a pudgy girl.

45. Do you feel composed when you wear Lolita in public, or do you generally find yourself nervous?
I’m composed until someone compliments me. Then I don’t know how to respond.

46. How much of your or your parent’s income would you say indulges your love for Lolita?
Very little, actually. I’ve got most of the basics that I want or need, so it’s just a matter of one piece here or there to reinforce that. I’ve also got plenty of fabric, so it’s just a matter of making clothes with it.

47. Was there a time lag between your learning of Lolita and purchasing your first item?
Ooh, yes. From Halloween 2003 to 2010 for my first actual purchase (before that, it’d been a lot of retro and Lolita-inspired looks).

48. What is your most expensive Lolita item?
You know, I don’t actually know. My Meta JSK, the skirt I purchased from Eat Me Ink Me, and a secondhand Megan Maude JSK were all about the same price.

49. It takes a lot of money to be a Lolita, Brand or otherwise. How do you save?
I’m a cheapskate. I save money wherever and whenever I can, so there’s almost always buffer in my bank account. Since my Lolita purchases have become few and far between as my wardrobe has grown, saving has become really easy.

50. If you could have any Lolita shop in your local area, what would it be?
In terms of Brand, I’d probably most like to see a Meta shop because the clothes fit me and, while some of their designs are warped, it’s often really cute.

51. “Man, what a rip-off!!” Have you ever thought that about a store?
Yes. Usually handmade shops where the maker hikes up the price without having the experience to make a quality item. Not all handmade shops, of course, but there have been a few that I’ve come across where the quality was horrible.

52. All tea, all shade: what really gets your ruffles riled up about the Lolita culture/fashion/community?
Rudeness.

53. Do you tend to stalk EGL comm sales? Have you ever sold or bought anything? Share your experience.
Not really. I look occasionally when I’m in a mood, but since I try to keep my needs in mind I rarely buy these days. I’ve bought several things. I’ve had good experiences all around, though I have had to alter a few things to make them suit my frame.

54. Is there a Lolita Model, Community Celebrity or icon that you adore?

55. What Off-Brand(s) and/or Brand(s) do you absolutely detest?
None? I mean, there are some that I wouldn’t wear personally, but that’s not a brand thing; it’s a me thing.

56. What Lolita motif do you find distasteful? (ero, sweet, gothic, etc.)
None? I’m not big on sweet on me, but I find it adorable on other people.

57. What do you do with the clothes you don’t want anymore? Has this ever occurred?
I’ve sold one dress. However, with the way that I buy clothing, I usually stare at it for a long time before actually buying. I need to have a piece that can work for me, so I rarely just stop wanting the clothing.

58. Fashion or Lifestyle? (What is Lolita to you?)
Both. I have aspects of the lifestyle Lolita, but mostly it’s just clothing to me.

59. What is your most recent purchase? (Not necessarily Lolita)
I bought a new petticoat and a black ruffled chiffon blouse.

60. Is there an item you love that you can’t buy/seem to find? (Making EGL connections, for the win)
Yes and no. I’ve been having a hard time finding a blouse in the exact color that I want, but that’s not a particular item but rather an issue of fabric. I’ve got my eye on some fabric, though, to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment